The 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, out today, has an ambitious mobile campaign that includes Microsoft Tags throughout the magazine that link to videos and interactive content. By scanning the 2D barcodes with their smartphones, readers will have the ability to instantly:
- View photos and videos of eight models, then vote for their favorite to become a SI Swimsuit rookie in the 2012 issue.
- Watch behind-the-scenes video of all 17 models in the 2011 issue.
- Share the videos via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- See their favorite 2011 models in “Model vs. Model,” featuring swimsuit models matched with a Nissan car.
- Download the new Swimsuit Mobile App.
Sports Illustrated’s marketing campaign for the Swimsuit Issue also includes Tags on phone kiosks, buses, subway posters, and signage in New York and Las Vegas, and Tagged key cards for the 1,500 rooms at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. The Tags connect users to a “history of body painting” video, which they can share with Facebook friends.
To download the Tag app and check out the Swimsuit Issue's interactive content for yourself, go to http://gettag.mobi on your mobile device.
What do you think of Sports Illustrated's use of Tag to link the magazine to online content? Let us know in the Comments below, or on Tag's Facebook or Twitter pages.