Did you know you can transfer a Tag between users? This could come in handy if you ever need to pass a Tag to a client or colleague for them to manage.
Transferring Tags is easy, so long as you know the Windows Live ID (WLID) email addresses for both Tag accounts. You simply submit a request to move the Tag, the Tag Administrator processes it, and the new owner accepts the Tag into their account. Here’s a short step-by-step of the process:
- Make sure the other account has signed into Microsoft Tag Manager at least once.
- Open Tag Manager using the WLID of the current owner of the Tag. You should see all your created Tags.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the Tag you want to transfer.
- On the Actions menu, select Move Tag(s) from the dropdown, and click Request.
- A popup window will ask for the WLID email of the recipient.
- Type in the new owner’s WLID, and click Move. A popup will confirm the request has been sent to our Tag Admin team.
- Once Tag Admin approves the transfer, both WLIDs (original Tag owner and new owner) will receive an email that the transfer is complete.
- The Tag will now appear in the Unassigned Tags tab of the receiving account.
- The recipient can now move the Tag into his inventory by checking the box next to the Tag he wants to receive, choosing Accept from the Actions menu, and clicking Move Accepted Tags.
For more details, see the “Move a Tag” section of Tag Manager Help.
If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below or on Tag's Facebook or Twitter pages.