Earlier this week I showed you how to create a QR Code Facebook Like Button but did you know that no matter what type of trigger type you use (Tag, QR Code and NFC) users you can share your content across the social web? The Microsoft Tag Reader has a built-in functionality where users can share content that they receive through the app across their social networks.
- After a users scans your Tag, QR Code or taps your NFC tag the content that you have created in the back end will appear on their mobile device. To share this content on the web all they have to do is select the share button at the bottom of the Tag application.
- Once a users selects the share button a list of sharing options will be populated for the user.
- If a user selects Share on Facebook, your content will be linked to a customizable message that the user can add to their Facebook post
- If a users select Share on Twitter the Tag App will automatically shorten your URL so the user can easily share your content to their followers.
- The Tag Team believes that if you can't measure it you can't improve it and that's why we've build in the functionality to track the shares and clicks when a users distributes your content on the social web. You can find this data using the Tag Dashboard or the Tag Scan Data API. The specific "scan source" that you'll need to look at is the "shared" field.
If you have any questions on the sharing functionality in the Tag App or need advice on best practices, reach out to us on Facebook and Twitter.