In a poll last week on Facebook I received a large number of requests to give more tips on how to leverage the Microsoft Tag platform. So in response I’ve created 10 easy steps to create a Facebook like button with a QR Code, Microsoft Tag or a NFC chip. Let’s get started!
- Go to http://tag.microsoft.com
- Select Tag Manager from the My Tags tag on the top right side of the screen on the homepage
- Select Create a Tag - Note: if you don't have a Tag Manager account or you are not logged in you'll be prompted to create an account or sign in.
- Fill in the Tag Tittle and make sure that the Tag Type is set to URL.
- Enter your Facebook Page’s URL in the Mobile URL field and then select save.
- Once you hit save you’ll be redirected to the main page of the Tag Manager. You should find your newly created file at the top of the list. At this point select download.
- Once you select download a pop up screen will appear allowing you to select the Tag Type that you would like to use (Microsoft Tag, Microsoft Custom Tag, Qr code or NFC).
- Make sure to specify the File Format and Size of the code that you would like to create and then click download at the bottom of the popup screen.
- Once you’ve selected download from the popup screen your code should automatically be generated
- After your code has finished downloading make sure to test it. When someone scans this code it should look like the below image on their mobile devices.
If you have any questions about this process or have some tips and tricks of your own reach out to us on Facebook and Twitter.